Monday, July 15, 2019

Black Eye Galaxy - Finished!

I also finished up this shawl over the fourth of July weekend.  This was a fun, easy, mindless project.  Perfect for sitting around with family and talking.  My sister Virginia agreed it was her colors, but said it needed some black to finish it off, so I ordered a 50-gram skein of black sock yarn from Simply Socks and did a few rows of garter stitch lace followed by a picot bind off.  I used the lace pattern from the end of Helen Stewart's Impressionists shawl.  It's a reasonable size for a little shawl, just enough to throw over your shoulders or wrap around your neck.

Now I just need to package it up and send it off to my sister.

Yarn:  Alcidina Stargazer in Black Eye Galaxy
Pattern:  improvised
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment