Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hampton Sleeveless Top - One Skein Done

I have also been working on my July Camp Loopy project.  This is the Hampton Sleeveless Top pattern by Brian Smith.  The pattern calls for 3 skeins of Cascade Yarns Hampton, 70% Pima Cotton/30 % Linen DK weight yarn.  On the face of it, that comes to just over 800 yards, but I will likely not use that much yarn.  This is not a fiber type that I typically work with, but I'm enjoying it so far.  The pattern is pretty simple, work two rectangles and seam them on the sides and at the shoulders.  Of course I'm working it in the round to the armholes and then I'll work back and forth and do a three-needle bind off to join the shoulders.  I also modified the ribbing at the bottom.  The pattern calls for 4 inches of k1, p1 ribbing.  I worked 3 inches of k2, p2 ribbing.  I did not work a gauge swatch.  I did use the called for needle size for the ribbing (US 3) but went down a size on the needle for the lace.  The pattern calls for a US 6, but I went with a US 5.  The pattern gives a gauge for the US 6 needle, but doesn't indicate the pattern stitch.

The real challenge came when I wanted to take a photo.  How to take one that doesn't come out as a dark blue blob.  I hit upon the idea of putting the knitting over one of my daybed pillows.  I then just leaned the pillow up against my swift.  I'm pretty pleased with how it worked.

Pattern:  Hampton Sleeveless Top by Brian Smith
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Hampton
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment