Saturday, July 13, 2019

She Sells Seashells - Finished!

I finished this up over the 4th of July weekend.  I love how it came out.  It is large, and I'm wondering if the next time I knit this I should leave out the extra repeats in the second section.  They do actually lead to a distortion when blocking because the mess up the Pi increase pattern, so the next section before the increase gets stretched out.
You can see what I mean from the blocking picture.  On the other hand, I do like the proportions of the design with my extra repeats.  Because of the way the shaping is affected it also makes the last section ruffly when you wear it, which I like.
I really did this modification the hard way - adding stitches, instead of just adding repeats of the lace pattern.  The result was that when I did the final lace section I did not end up quite symmetric.  Before I knit it again I will go back and revisit that modification.  I'm also going to add in the eyelet row in the first section that appears in the pattern photo, but not in the pattern.

Pattern:  Snowmelt by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment