Saturday, July 6, 2019

Peacock Feathers Shawl - Finished!

After I finished knitting my Black Eye Galaxy skein I pulled this project out and worked on it in California, and on the flight back.   Our plane was delayed by 3 hours, which really sucked as we didn't get in until 1 am on July 2.  Needless to say I did not go in to work on Tuesday.  I like the pattern, but it is not very well written.  There are pretty good instructions for the first section, and even some not so bad ones for the second section, enough to get started anyway, but after the first section I did a lot of reverse engineering from the photos.  I don't think the stitch counts are correct either.  I also ran out of my Rowan yarn in the third section and was only able to complete 1 of the 3 ridges called for.  And one of my yarns ran when I soaked it.  I suspect the Rowan because it was blue.  I may play around with this pattern again, but if I do I will definitely rewrite it, and get more yarn so I can make it bigger.  The edge that is on the rail is 58”, the right side coming down to the point is 38.5” and the left side that includes the bind off is 40.5”.

Pattern:  Peacock Feathers Shawl by Aksenik Lyudmila
Yarn:  Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Starke 6 and Rowan baby silk merino dk
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment