Saturday, July 6, 2019

Black Eye Galaxy - Skein Finished

The last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy.  I spent the week of June 17th in Norway (traveling for 3 days to attend a 2 day meeting).  This shawl came with me, along with my Sunny Side shawl and my Peacock Feather shawl.  I did manage to work on this one, mostly while traveling.  The other two almost got lost with my suitcase when British Airways didn't put it on the plane when it was gate-checked.  Fortunately it was delivered to my hotel the next day.  Still, it was no fun having no luggage for a day.  I had to find a store to buy some dressier clothes as I didn't think briefing in my cargo pants and Marvin the Martian t-shirt would go over very well, especially considering the brass that showed up.  The cool part about the trip was that it never got entirely dark while I was there.  Kongsberg is close enough to the Arctic Circle and I was there during the week of the Solstice.

After the week in Norway I had 4 busy days back in the office and then a 4-day trip to Half Moon Bay California for my niece's wedding.  My sister Liz had rented a huge house for the family to stay in and 4 of the 5 siblings stayed there.  Our brother David stayed at the hotel that the wedding was held at.  I showed the shawl to my sister Virginia and she agreed that they were her colors, but that it needed some black to finish it off, so I found some black sock yarn at Simply Socks.  I finished the skein up while in California.  I still need to do the finish work.  I think I will do a strip of garter stitch lace and a picot bind off.

Yarn:  Alcidina Stargazer in Black Eye Galaxy
Pattern:  improvised
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment