Sunday, June 16, 2019

Black Eye Galaxy - Cast On

I needed a dead simple project for taking to work.  I actually have a sock project in my work bag but I really just don't feel like working on socks right now, so I grabbed a skein out of my stash and cast on a shawlette or scarflette or something along those lines.  The yarn is by a dyer named Alcidina (her real name is Trisha) and her tag line is "Exploring the cosmos one yarn at a time".  Being a lifelong space cadet I couldn't resist and bought a half dozen skeins from her Etsy site.  I bought the yarn at least five years ago and haven't done anything with it.  I was buying lots of single skeins of sock yarn back then (weren't we all?).  Lately I've been trying to work more from my stash and buy less yarn so I pulled out my first box of fingering (I have most of my yarn stashed by weight) and grabbed this skein and caked it up.  Because I wanted a simple knit I decided on an asymmetrical triangle, which is a shape I like, and cast on.  On the right side, I'm working a knit, yo, knit two stitches in from the right hand edge and a k2tog two stitches in from the left hand edge.  I'm knitting the wrong side rows, which will make this essentially a reversible piece when I'm done.

Yarn:  Alcidina Stargazer in Black Eye Galaxy
Pattern:  improvised
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment