Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunny Side Shawl - Halfway Point

I really wasn't going to participate in Camp Loopy this year.  I haven't made it through for the last couple of years.  I've signed up, but not managed to complete the projects, so I was going to pass and just focus on knitting from my voluminous stash.  Then I saw the theme for this year - Space Camp, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.  How could I not join?

The requirement for the June project was that it had to have been published in 2019.  I paged through the potential projects on Ravelry and chose something simple, a one skein shawl that would let me use up all of the skein.  I bought a skein of Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient.  I used the yarn on a previous Camp Loopy project.  I have mixed feelings about this yarn.  I like the color changes, but I don't like the fact that the yarn still has the memory of being knitted as part of the dyeing process so your stitches don't come out nice and even.

The first picture was taken yesterday, just before I had reached the halfway mark, and this picture was taken this morning, just after the halfway mark.

Pattern:  Simone's Shawl by Annette Junge
Yarn:  Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment