Thursday, March 1, 2018

Saltwater Taffy Myndie - Finished!

I finished this up Tuesday.  I did a little improvising at the end.  My initial estimate of when to start working the mini-skeins was off, so I really started them too early.  It also turns out that my copy and paste was a little more enthusiastic than thoughtful, so I had to do some rejiggering at the end.  Instead of working Decrease Section 2 18 times I had to work it 21 times.  In this version I think I actually knit it 20 times.  The fact that I always switched colors at the end of a repeat meant that I had some leftovers of five of the six colors (the Saltwater Huckleberries came out almost perfectly).  I wanted to use those leftovers, and I had a pretty big stretch of gray at the end, so I updated my spreadsheet and used my updated yarn usage calculations to determine yarn usage for each repeat.  I weighed all of my leftovers and figured out where I could use each of my leftovers, which is how I got those stripes at the end.  I had the least amount of the Bananas and Key Lime so I used them at the very tip.  I hadn't quite worked all the kinks out of my spreadsheet when I did those last two repeats, so the decrease rate is a little too quick for the Key Lime, but I would have run out of yarn if I had done it per the pattern.
 
Pattern:  Myndie / Kallara mashup
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Bright & Bold Advent Calendar
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment