Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wonder Woman Wrap - Finished!

After finishing up my Mrs. Watson I returned to my Wonder Woman Wrap and quickly finished it up.  Having a snow day definitely helped, but this was actually a pretty quick knit.  The pattern is extremely well-written and I was delighted to discover that my stitch counts matched at every check point.  I watched the series with Lynda Carter when I was growing up and have always liked the character.  The recent revelations about her origins and the content of the comic books has been eye-opening, but I never actually read the comics, so I missed all of that subtext.  The new Wonder Woman movie was fun and I liked Gal Gadot in the role.  There was also a fun one years ago with Cathy Lee Crosby and Ricardo Montalban. I still remember his final line after he has been thwarted by Wonder Woman: "Beauty and brains.  Never trust a woman that has both."  I probably should be offended by that line, but I think it only applies if you are a bad guy and you're worried about getting thwarted by a smart and beautiful woman.

Project:  Wonder Woman Wrap by Carissa Browning
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment