Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Lady of the Lake - Chart 3 Done

I put this project down after finishing up one side through the end of the skein (which was 9 rows in to Chart 4) and getting the other side about 3/4 of the way through Chart 3.  Before I even did that work I redid my charts to get a stronger diagonal line from my ssks and k2togs.  When I was knitting Chart 3 I discovered that if you want a strong line of decreases put the yarn over after the k2togs and before the ssks.  I had them the other way around and that accentuates the yarn overs and breaks up the diagonal line of the decreases.

In the interim I've completed two projects that I started before this one (Hurricane Watch Myndie and my Charivari Shrug) and cast on and completed 14 other projects (Turkey Trot Kallara, Arctic Flow Capelet, JB Craftvent 2017, Tea Party Celadon, Nature's Gem Celadon, Adventurous Wrap, Wizard of Oz, Compassion Celadon, Xanthe, Saltwater Taffy Myndie, Violet Valentine, Bright & Bold, Mrs. Watson, and Wonder Woman Wrap).  Wow, I guess I've been pretty productive.  But now I think it is time to go back to this one and get it finished.

In the time between the start of this shawl and today a completely new version of knitCompanion was released.  I have the new version (dubbed NextGen) downloaded and have started working with it, and am actually using it to knit this shawl.  It is very different from what they are now calling Legacy and I wasn't sure I was going to like it - the interface is completely different and not as intuitive to me (and I suspect folks of my generation), but I'm getting used to it.  I have had to resort to the user's guide (thank goodness they have one!).  Cropping charts is definitely better, and I have more screen real estate for displaying my charts, so that is also a win.

Pattern:  The Lady of the Lake by Carolyn Blakelock, a modification of The Once and Future King by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Sea Silk
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment