Sunday, March 11, 2018

Wonder Woman Wrap - Cast On

I finished up my Violet Valentine and my Bright & Bold shawl last week, so I figured it was okay to cast on a new project.  I have had this one in my library since the holiday season and had a spreadsheet already set up for it so all I had to do was wind the skeins.  The pattern is very well written and it was easy to expand out into my spreadsheet.  You have to use markers in this one, and I stuck a split marker on the right side so I wouldn't get confused.  You can see the W forming already.  I'm about to start with the yellow.

The yarn I picked for this project is Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk in Sunflower and Christmas Red, which I purchased at the Loopy Ewe last year.  It is a light fingering (437 yards/100 grams) and is 85% Merino Superwash Wool / 15% Mulberry Silk.  It is wonderful to work with.

Project:  Wonder Woman Wrap by Carissa Browning
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment