Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mrs. Watson - Finished!

I finished up this shawl on Sunday - knit the whole thing in 4 days.  It was a lot of fun and I love the colors.  I did screw up though when I was putting together my spreadsheet.  I missed a repeat of the Body Pattern 2 / Leaf Pattern 4 and didn't realize it until I was on Leaf Pattern 8 and the short row instructions did not make sense, so I looked back at the pattern and my spreadsheet and realized what I had done.  I improvised a little to get to the end, and used up every bit of yarn that I had to get there.  In fact I ran out of skein 7 of the pink and had to finish the last row of that Body Pattern section with a little bit of skein 6, and I ran out of the green a few stitches from the end of the bind off and finished the bind off with the remnants of a pink skein.

Despite the odd shape, the shawl is surprisingly wearable, at least it is with the extra repeats that I did.  I'm not sure how good it would be without that extra length.  I wear it in the orientation you see in the photo, with the furthest edge at my neck.  I do think the shape is very cool.  I like these organic leaf shapes.

Pattern:  Mrs. Watson by Martina Behm
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep kit in a heavy sport weight
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment