Saturday, March 17, 2018

Mrs. Watson - Cast On

I took a break from my Wonder Woman Wrap and cast on Mrs. Watson.  This is a kit that I bought from The Unique Sheep.  The pattern is reasonably well-written, but I had a hard time seeing what the final shape.  I knew that one my fellow Unique Sheep test knitters had test knit the pattern, so I looked through the finished projects until I found hers.  She had yarn usage figures as well as her needle size (the pattern called for a US 5, but this is a heavyish sport weight yarn).  I put together a spreadsheet for the pattern and caked up and weighed all of my skeins.  I've been keeping track of my yarn usage at each color switch and determined that I could add some repeats to make the shawl larger and use up as much of my yarn as possible.

I did 4 repeats of a modified Body Pattern 1 / Leaf Pattern 3 combination.  My modification was to keep the stitch count constant, so I only worked increases on the right side rows to compensate for the CDD.
Here is the yarn.  The colorway is Persian Shield.  I have worked through the first 4 skeins and will be starting skein 5 during the next Body Pattern section.  I work each of the mini skeins until I cannot work a complete row and then start the next skein.

Pattern:  Mrs. Watson by Martina Behm
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep kit in a heavy sport weight
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment