Saturday, March 3, 2018

Violet Valentine - Decreases Started

After a week of clouds and some rain we got hit by a crazy Nor'easter that brought a lot of wind - approaching hurricane strength - but no rain or snow.  Our power went out yesterday around 6:30 in the morning, while I was downstairs exercising.  Our local authority sent out an email alert warning of downed trees and power lines and to stay off the roads if at all possible - a request I was happy to comply with.  I live off of a tree-line two-lane road and there are only a few ways in or out, so I wasn't going to risk it.  Our power was out all day, finally coming back on just before 6:30 pm, right after we had eaten our cold supper and I had just lit a couple of candles to augment the LED lantern we were using.  I worked on this shawl most of the day, despite the fact that I really need my knitCompanion app on my iPad to stay on track, and my battery was getting low.  I also had a print out of the pattern, so I could refer to that as needed, and just use the app for keeping track of my progress and checking my stitch counts.  I had screwed up my stitch counts when I started the second eyelet section of the dark purple and had to tink back an entire repeat to fix it.  I used my Beam N Read task light when I needed the extra light - it hangs around my neck and has a yellow lens over the LEDs so they aren't quite as harsh.  We spent a fair bit of the day upstairs in our bedroom, which is a corner room with good light.  Thanks to the sun it also received some solar warming, so it was more comfortable than our living room.

Pattern:  Zarya by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment