Saturday, November 25, 2017

Tea Party Celadon - Skein 1

After I finished up my Turkey Trot Kallara I started working on my Tea Party Celadon.  I had created a spreadsheet for Celadon and realized that I had enough yarn in the Tea Party set to make Celadon instead of Kallara.
Pattern:  Celadon by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep  Rare Breed and Sparkle
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)
 
I have several more Ambah projects lined up.  After I finish this Celadon I'll make another one using the 10th Anniversary set.
But before I get to that project I'll be using the neutral speckle skein as my Color 1 for Ambah's Adventurous Wrap.  I ordered an Advent kit from The Unique Sheep, but it only has 24 colors and the design calls for 25.  Well, actually there are two versions of the design, the B version uses 12 contrast skeins and 600 yards of the main color, which tempted me to try to figure out how to do two shawls with my 24 skeins.  But I resisted.  I will have enough going on next month as it is.  Here is the Advent Kit.

I also recently purchased three of the Autumn Trio sets and the Santa Rosa set, and three of the four sets are earmarked for Ambah patterns.

This first one I'm going to use to make another Liken by Sivia Harding.  I love that shawl, as I've modified it to be a cape.
This set will become Xanthe, by Ambah O'Brien.  I'll use the speckle and the red for the stripes and the green for the lace.
This set I will split up.  I'll use the green and purple skeins for Marinna by Ambah O'Brien.
The gold skein I'll use for the pop skein with the Santa Rosa trio in another Bambara Wrap, also by Ambah O'Brien.






No comments:

Post a Comment