Sunday, November 5, 2017

Kimba - Finished!

I finally finished up my Kimba shawl on Halloween.  I was really hoping to get some better beauty shots, but it has been overcast this weekend.  Blocking was an interesting challenge.
The blocking photos in the pattern show the top portion going straight across and the wing tips curving up, but I couldn't do that without stretching the shawl very aggressively, and I am just not an aggressive blocker.  I did mush the top part down - garter stitch can really stretch out when you block it.  This has got to be the oddest shaped shawl I've made yet, but I love the colors that I used and it is fun to wear.  I gather the fabric at the top into a shawl collar.

Pattern:  Kimba by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment