Monday, December 30, 2013

Twisted Rib Pullover - One Sleeve Done

I was happily knitting away on the body of my pullover when I started worrying about yarn usage.  I was working with the third ball of yarn, out of six total and it seemed to me that I had a lot of knitting left.  I hadn't even gotten to the armholes yet and I had two sleeves yet to go, so I decided to take a break from the body and work the sleeves hoping that each sleeve would take less than a ball of yarn.  Yesterday I finished up the first sleeve, and it did take a bit less than one ball.  Now I'll work the second sleeve so I can finish working the body without worrying too much.
I went up a needle size on the sleeve because I always knit a little tighter when I'm knitting on small circular needles.  I switched back to size 3 needles when I got to the armhole shaping.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment