Thursday, December 26, 2013

Crimson Lake - One Sleeve Done

There is one disadvantage in knitting sleeves in the round - blocking them.  Usually I block them flat, but I decided to try an experiment with this sleeve and block it around two rolls of paper towels, safely encased in plastic bags.  It certainly opens up the lace, hopefully not too much.  Of course, if this doesn't work out I can always re-block the sleeve flat.

I don't know why the first sleeve always takes me so long to complete.  I finished the body on November 29.  The same thing happened on Goldenrod, although I think it only took me two weeks to finish the first sleeve, instead of nearer a month.  I finally got to the upper sleeve shaping last night.  I took most of yesterday off from working on projects around the house, resuming today with cataloging my stash in Ravelry.  I had it all cataloged, but somehow it keeps growing and had started spreading around the house in clusters of yarny goodness.  Almost all of it is boxed up now in plastic boxes, safe from evil bugs, there are just a few stragglers that I will probably take care of tomorrow.


Pattern:  Ladies Sweater - 1838 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment