Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bigger on the Inside - Finished!

This was a pretty easy knit, kind of boring, actually.  The lace bit stayed interesting because of the increases and decreases, even though the lace pattern was an easy one to memorize.  Picking up stitches along the curved edge was fairly straight forward.  I hit on an easy way to pick up the correct number of stitches evenly.  I use my Knit Evenly app on my iPad and just pretend that I'm decreasing stitches, but instead of doing a decrease I skip a stitch.  Once I got past the Tardis pattern I could read while knitting, which made the last bit go quickly.  I did a gentle blocking job, pinning out the shawl and spraying it down with my spray bottle (seen in the top of the picture).  The glints at the top of the Tardis are beads.  I replaced the nupps (I don't do nupps) with beads.

Pattern:  Bigger on the Inside by Kate Atherley, published in Knitty, Issue 39, Spring-Summer 2012
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Pashmi in Doctor Blue
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment