Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mayan Garden

On October 14 I was cruising Ravelry when I spotted Kitman Figueroa's new pattern Mayan Garden.  I immediately thought that it would look great as a cape in a Unique Sheep Gradiance set.  I  contacted Laura at the Unique Sheep with my idea and also a link to this picture of Mayan ruins that I found at Wikipedia (have you made your donation yet?).
It turned out that a custom dye job of an existing colorway - Denali - would work, so Kelly (she dyes Denali) dyed me up a beta set (the small set in the top picture) and sent me a picture on November 12.  I thought it looked great and in my response I asked her if that beta set needed a good home and that I would be happy to provide it one.  My yarn arrived this past Thursday, December 5.  Once I finish Tea Rose I'll start working on this one.  The modifications to turn it into a cape should be straight forward.  I wonder if I should add beads...

Pattern:  Mayan Garden by Kitman Figueroa
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Mayan Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment