Saturday, December 14, 2013

Twisted Rib Pullover

I started this pullover on November 23, knowing that I would soon be finishing up the body of the Crimson Lake pullover and would be needing some more simple knitting.  I didn't get to the simple part until yesterday having been distracted by the Tea Rose Shawlette.  What can I say, Unique Sheep Yarns are to me as squirrels are to dogs.  I pulled this out yesterday because I was home from work with a migraine.  Now lest you think I was lying in a dark room in agony, my migraines have thankfully gotten a lot less severe and less frequent over the years.  This one manifested itself as some pain behind my right eye, a slightly upset tummy and a very fuzzy brain.  So fuzzy that I did not trust myself to operate heavy machinery (as in driving a car to work) or knit lace.

When I picked this up yesterday I had one more row of the twisted rib to work - the pattern calls for cabling, but I could not face the prospect of that so I just did a twisted stitch - knit two together, then knit into the first stitch again before dropping both stitches off the left needle.  When I got to the first knitted row I had to count stitches to place my side markers and had trouble doing even that simple task.  Fuzzy brain, remember?  But once the stitch markers were in place I was all set for some soothing mindless knitting.

The pattern is another one from SMC Select Moments No. 005, worked in SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino.  This pullover features the twisted/cabled rib around the body and the 3/4 length set-in sleeves and adeep collar that features lovely cables.  It is design number 1835.  I do wish they would come up with more imaginative names for their patterns.  I modified it to knit in the round, which is something I always try to do.  I love the endless rows of stockinette stitch going round and round and round.  No flipping the work around, no purl stitches, just continuous knitting.  Meditative bliss.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment