Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover - Second Sleeve Done

I finished up the second sleeve last night while we were watching "Psych" on Netflix.  What a fun show.  They had a musical episode just before Christmas that we caught that quite enchanted us, so I added the series to our Instant Queue.  I didn't make it to midnight, I rarely do.

Frankly, this pullover is troubling me.  I am thinking that I should have made the next larger size.  The sleeves are a bit snug, and the armhole depth seems a little small.  So now I am faced with figuring out what to do about it.  It has been worrying me like a sore tooth.  Of course I don't have enough yarn to knit the next larger size.  I could just increase the depth of the armholes.  This would be the minimum effort path and would require the least amount of rework, but would it be sufficient?  I need to check the fit of the body.  It is probably okay through the torso, but might be a little tight across the shoulders.  Probably the best thing to do would be to frog the whole thing and reknit it.  Of course I don't have enough yarn in this color to knit the next size up, but I do have left over yellow yarn that I could use for the ribbing and the collar.  I don't really feel up to tackling this right now, though, so I am going back to Crimson Lake and will finish up the second sleeve of that pullover so I can get it wrapped up.  There is another project, actually a series of projects, that I want to tackle this year.  More on that later.


Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment