Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mayan Garden Cape - Chart 3 Done

I've gotten back in to my habit of working lace on the weekend.  Saturday morning is usually dedicated to lace while I listen to NPR.  We like Car Talk and Wait Wait.  This clue was easier than the previous two, I think I'm getting the rhythm of the pattern.  I am almost done with the first skein.  I'm going to use up each skein as I go, which should pretty much guarantee that I won't run out of yarn, although I do run the risk of ending up with a lot of the last skein left over but I can live with that.  The pattern calls for going up a needle size on row 69 of this clue, but I did not do that.  From what I saw on the forum, you don't really need to increase the needle size until the third needle size increase.  I might not even do that one.  I'll decide when I get there.

Pattern:  Mayan Garden by Kitman Figueroa, modified to be a cape
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in custom colorway Mayan Garden
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment