Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crimson Lake - Finished

I actually finished the second sleeve just after the New Year, but didn't bother posting about it.  I finally got around to sewing it in to the body today.  We took the day off because of the snow that was being called for so I decided it was high time I finished this one.  Besides, I picked up yarn for two more pullovers of this same pattern at the post office this morning.  Because I tend to knit in the round I set sleeves the same way I would for fabric tops.  Turn the body inside out, put the sleeve inside so that the right sides are together, pin around the edges and start sewing.  I try to leave a long enough tail on the sleeve to use for doing the sewing so I minimize the number of tails I have to weave in at the end.  I also did short row shaping on the shoulders and a three needle bind off.  In knitting, as in sewing, it is these finishing details that really help give the final product a more polished appearance.

Pattern:  Ladies Sweater - 1838 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment