Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tiger Eye Bracelet and Earrings

I've had these faceted tiger eyes in my stash for a while.  I picked them up at Unfinished Creations in Yellow Springs, Ohio and was just waiting for the perfect project for them.  I had thought I would do something with seed beads with them but this morning I decided that I just wanted to do something that would let them shine.  I separated the oval stones with small tiger eye disks from a strand that I had bought a very long time ago, at my very first Bead & Button show.  I bought the clasp recently from A Grain of Sand, a wonderful resource for unusual and vintage beads and findings, and the spacing is perfect for these beads.  The bracelet is strung on Sterling Silver Soft Flex Metallic Flex Wire, Medium Weight (.019 in diameter).  I thought about using spacers in the bracelet itself, but decided that I didn't really need them and I like the way the strands move when I wear it, which I've been doing all morning.  After all, I did need to do a test run to make sure that it was wearable.  Conveniently I had two beads left over to make earrings.

1 comment: