Thursday, January 2, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover - A New Approach

Last night I decide to do a little experiment, and knit up the beginnings of a larger sleeve using the leftover yarn from Goldenrod and the remains of one of the balls that I used to knit up the original sleeves.  Based upon my yarn usage I may have enough to do the ribbing and the collar in the gold.  I think it provides a nice contrast with the blue.  I am going to have to modify the pattern for the body to get the right fit.  The sizing on this one seems a bit odd to me.  The shoulder width remains the same over all for the extra-small and small sizes and then jumps up an inch for the medium and large sizes.  I've already adjusted the sleeve pattern to make them a little roomier.  I might add some length to them as well.  As the pattern is written they come to just below the elbow.  I would like them to be closer to three-quarter length.  Of course, now I have to ravel the sleeves, and because I blocked them I'm going to have to rejuvenate the yarn.  I actually tried knitting directly from the sleeve as I raveled it, but the stitches looked pretty bad, so I raveled that back.  I may be able to knit directly from the body as I haven't blocked it yet.  I'll see when I start to ravel it.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment