Sunday, August 25, 2013

Open Eye Tunic - Thirteen Repeats of Eyelet Chart Done

Skein 3 of my 6 skein set was especially generous so I did 5 repeats of the eyelet chart with it instead of 4.  I also wanted a little more length on the tunic, several of the people that have already completed the pattern have commented on the fact that it seems a little short as specified in the pattern.  My 4th skein is also generous so I'm going to do one more repeat of the eyelet chart before I start the armhole shaping.  The next time you see this project I should be blocking the back.  I've also raveled the side inserts and they are almost dry.  I may have to make them a little bigger than the 15 inches by 15 inches specified in the pattern so that the tunic will fit through the hips.

Pattern:  Open Eye Tunic by Deborah Helmke (Interweave Knits, Summer 2013)
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Electric Blue Flame
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment