Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Open Eye Tunic - Back Done and Blocked

I finished up the back last night.  It took me several tries before I liked the way the armhole and neck shaping came out.  The pattern calls for repeating the eyelet chart twice and then repeating the last 4 rows of the eyelet chart until the armhole is the appropriate length, but I found that the k2tog, yo rows made the upper part of that section wider than the rest, so I did another repeat of the eyelet chart, which put me at the perfect armhole length and then went right into the neck and shoulder shaping.  I did a total of 14 repeats of the eyelet chart before I started the shaping, which makes my tunic 28 inches long, measured from the underarm.  The pattern calls for 21.5 inches.

Pattern:  Open Eye Tunic by Deborah Helmke (Interweave Knits, Summer 2013)
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Electric Blue Flame
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment