Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meris - Finished!

I finally decided on buttons and sewed them on this afternoon.  I had to use flash to get a decent picture.  Because of the design of this cardigan you can put a lot or a few buttons on it.  The "button holes" are created by the eyelets, unfortunately that also limits the size of the buttons that you can use.  The buttons that I had originally planned to use were vintage buttons that I had picked up at a Bead & Button show a few years ago but they were just a little too large for the eyelet holes.  I ended up going with some lamp work glass Rosebud buttons that I got from Beadcats.  I decided to only use 3 because sometimes less is more.

A view of the back:

And a close up of the buttons.  No, the cardigan is not crooked, just me.  It's been a long week, thank goodness it is over.


Pattern:  Meris by Elizabeth Doherty
Yarn:  Finch by Quince & Co in Crocus
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment