As I approached the bottom of the body, I was confronted with a couple of decisions: how long to make it? and what to do about the ribbing? I don't like sweaters that fit tightly across the hips, and the problem that I always have with ribbing is the bind off. The only way I have every found to bind off in such a way as to not have the bottom too tight is to do an Elizabeth Zimmerman sewn bind off. As I was getting close to a decision point I also was a little worried about using enough yarn. It then occurred to me that one way to help ensure I used enough yarn would be to make it more of a tunic style, than the classic pullover with ribbing. I was going to leave the body unfinished and do the sleeves and then finish up the body making sure I used 800 yards, but then I would have to deal with leaving the body stitches on one or more needles. In the end I decided to split the front and back, keep the three edge stitches in garter stitch and do 1 more repeat of the chart on the back and 12 rows of stockinette on the front and finish up with a couple of garter stitch rows to help keep the bottom from curling.
Pattern: Bloomsbury by Svetlana Volkova
Yarn: madelinetosh tosh vintage in Clematis
Needle: US 7 (4.5 mm) and US 6 (4.0 mm)