Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Luxe Crochet Block Throw

I have finally started assembling blocks from The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club into a throw!  I decided that I would make a different throw for each fiber type.  This is the start of the Luxe throw.  The two block designs are Cameo Flowers from January 2011, which was the very first set of blocks that I made, and Tangled Threads from August 2011.  I decided to do an invisible weave join, which seems to be analogous to the mattress stitch in knitting.  It was very easy and quick.  I did another round of single crochet on the Cameo Flowers blocks to get the stitch count on the edges to match the stitch count on the edges of the Tangled Threads blocks.  This actually worked out really well, because the Cameo Flower blocks were a little smaller than the Tangled Threads blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment