Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bead and Button 2012 - Swag on Display

When I finally started cruising the show floor, the first thing I spotted was this beauty, who now guards my kitchen (well, there was a hook in the ceiling already, and I wanted him somewhere he would not get broken).  I bought him from the Hand Blown Glass Company of the Wisconsin Dells.

My sister Virginia has been incorporating metal filigree into her pieces, so when I found a booth that had an excellent selection at reasonable prices I bought an assortment.

We had breakfast one morning with a delightful bead artist, Dolly Ahles, so I stopped by her booth and picked up this beautiful selection of flower buds.

I also had a nice visit with the lamp work artist Sage Holland, who is teaching one of the Master Classes next year.  The vases on either side are her work.  The one on the left is folded glass, a very ancient technique.  The wonderful flower in the middle is by Beau Anderson.

I also picked up a nice selection of clasps from Grains of Sand.

And the hardware for a purse from Victorian Purses by Sue.  I've been wanting to knit a beaded purse for quite some time.

And a random collection of pressed glass and a dragonfly clasp from Bokamo.  They have had the booth opposite us for a number of years now.  Remember those cool stones in my Celtic Infinity necklace and my Avatar necklace?  It turns out they are pressed glass.  I found some more this year.  Maybe this time I'll remember what they are and where I got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment