Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Knitterati Mystery 2 - Finished!

So the third and final clue came out this past Friday, revealing that we were knitting a long leaf.  Faced with repeating the same 16 row chart 14 times really did not appeal to me, so I pondered what else I could do.  I quickly realized that if I tinked the last row of what I had already knit I could skip to Chart 3 and have a shorter leaf.  But then what?  Well, I could make several shorter leaves and clip them together, like those fox stoles that were entire fox pelts with clips in their mouths so you could clip them together, but I didn't think that would be very comfortable to wear.  Then I hit on the idea of knitting a second leaf (leaving off the stem) and grafting them together, and that is exactly what I did.  The yarn is Serenity 20 by Zen Yarn Garden, in Emerald Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment