Sunday, April 15, 2012

Maria's Diadem - Chart A

Last year at Bead & Button, my friend Maria was admiring the Diadem shawl that I gave to my sister Virginia and offered to pay me to make her one.  Well, of course I couldn't accept any payment (most people don't realize how long it takes to knit a lace shawl, even a small one, and would be shocked at the price), but I did tell her that I would knit her one.  I asked her what colors she preferred and she told me fall colors.  Initially I bought some wine colored yarn (Merlot) for the shawl, but the more I thought about her coloring, the more I felt that the Merlot just wouldn't do.  Then one day at work I was pondering color choices and I remembered this skein that I had in my stash.  The color is Garden of Eden, the yarn is Serenity Silk + (75% superwash merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk).  I really like the tonal variegated yarns, and I think they suit this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment