Saturday, May 28, 2011

Charleston Socks - Finished!

My first pair of toe-up socks.  I love the construction technique - minimal finishing - and the fit is perfect.  This is the first pattern of Janel Laidman's Art & Sole Sock Club for 2011.  I already have the second shipment, and the third will be on its way soon.  I went a bit sock club crazy this year.  Not only did I join Janel's club, but I also joined Cookie A's club and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club.  I also joined the Zen Yarn Garden Art Walk Sock Club that sends me a skein of hand painted sock yarn each month inspired by a work of art.  And let's not even talk about all of the sock knitting books that I have bought...
The pattern is Charleston by Janel Laidman, the yarn is Pigeonroof Studios Siren Two (80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon) in tomato comfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment