Thursday, May 5, 2011

Clematis Pullover - Finished

I actually finished this last weekend, but wanted to block before posting photos, and then I was on travel for work for the first half of the week, and then I had to get a photo op with my wonderful husband (who always says he can't take pictures because they come out blurry - and he got this one on the first try!).  So, finally, here is the finished pullover in Fiesta yarns Boomerang, in the Clematis colorway.  This is not one of the Flower of the Month colorways that I've been knitting this past year, but it is a flower, so I feel that it still qualifies.  I also have finally fine-tuned the top down pullover pattern for this yarn.  The fit is perfect and I used almost all of the 960 yards of yarn that I started with.  I did a knit 1, purl 1 rib on the collar, and a kitchener bind off, which I have never done before this sweater and which I will always use for ribbed collars from now on.

I have 3 skeins of Fiesta Boomerang in Poppy in my Loopy Ewe project bag and I have more colors waiting in the wings.  While Fiesta is no longer issuing their Flower of the Month colorways they are now issuing Ports of Call (and no one told me!).  I found out totally by accident and then had to scramble and totally blow my yarn budget for April to try to get the colorways that are already out.  Fortunately the Loopy Ewe had two of the colorways.  Lots more fun sweaters are in my future.  I will probably even re-knit the ones that I already have (Marigold, Tiger Lily and Calla Lily), just because my fine-tuned pattern fits so well and I really love the yarn.  It will be interesting to see how the striping/pooling changes...I still have to fine-tune the pattern for the Gracie DK weight Fiesta yarn and then I will re-knit those two as well (Orchid and Morning Glory).

No comments:

Post a Comment