Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poppies Pullover

So it is 9 o'clock at night and the temperature is still 80 degrees Fahrenheit and I am knitting a wool pullover.  Am I crazy?  Well, maybe, and I will confess that knitting with a wool-cashmere blend (the Morning Glory pullover) this afternoon at work while I was reading a document was not as pleasant an experience as it usually is (the air conditioning in our building was not keeping up with the heat).  But the air conditioning at home is working quite well, thank you.  This is the latest in my flower series of pullovers knit with Fiesta Yarns Boomerang, a 100% Extra Fine Super Wash Merino.  The color is Poppies.  Given all of the beautiful colors that Fiesta has, I think I will be knitting these pullovers for quite a while.  They are great easy projects to have on the needles - mindless knitting for reading, or riding in the car - and a classic pattern that fits me well.  And I just love the colors, I love letting them pool and make crazy patterns.  Add to that a fiber that is wonderful to knit with, and honestly, what more could one ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment