Saturday, May 6, 2023

Ruffled Scarf with Fingerless Gloves - Cast On!

I finished up my Fan Shawl 3 on a Tuesday, and Wednesday morning as I was packing up my rolling backpack to go in to the office I had a brief moment of panic when I realized that I did not have a knitting project to throw in my bag.  Fortunately I had caked up another of the Hand Painted Knitting Yarn kits in my stash.  This one has been sitting on my cutting table for a while now, and I knew that I would need it at some point in the not too distant future, so I caked it up when I was down there one day caking up other project yarn.  So all I had to do was take a quick peek at the pattern and see what needle size I needed, grab those needles and throw everything into my work bag.  This is a fun little knit, good for meetings, but not for reading documents because of the short rows.  I am using German short rows, although the pattern doesn’t specify any kind of short row treatment.  The nice thing about the German short rows is that they provide a clear visual, which helps me keep track of where I am if I get interrupted in the middle of a wedge.  I am enjoying the colors. 

Pattern:  Ruffled Scarf with Fingerless Gloves
Yarn:  Hand Painted Knitting Yarns Precious
Needle:  US 8 (5.0 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment