Saturday, May 13, 2023

Bioluminescent Marine Life - 2 Days Done

Of course I still needed to use up that 8 grams somehow, so I cast on one of my simple boomerang garter stitch shawls.  I had forgotten how much fun they are to knit because of their simplicity.  I like the contrast between how the colors blend in the shawl vice the blanket.  Basically, after I finish a square on the blanket, I join the yarn to the tail in the shawl and knit away.  More popcorn knitting.  I will work a knit on edging with the large skein that came with the set, and with what is left do some sort of edging on the blanket.
The top photo is day 1, this photo has day 2, so you can see the change.

Pattern:  Improvised - Boomerang Garter Stitch Shawl
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns Hybrid 2021 Jekyll Advent Calendar
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment