Monday, May 29, 2023

Comfort Blanket - 7 Blocks Done

When I finished up the fifth block I then had to decide how I wanted to work the second row.  I had originally thought to keep working from the left to the right, but when I looked again at the color progression of the yarn set I decided to work the second row from right to left.  This creates a zig-zag pattern with the decrease lines, which I am fine with.

I just thought that the sixth block against the first block would be too different.
The seventh block is a shocking pink, and only a tonal variation, as opposed to the other blocks that are pretty riotous when it comes to the colors.

The colors thus far:

Day 1 - Blue Sea Squirt
Day 2 - Brain Coral
Day 3 - Electric Clam
Day 4 - Violet Sea Slug
Day 5 - Peppermint Shrimp
Day 6 - Squat Lobster
Day 7 - Mauve Stinger

Pattern:  Comfort Blanket by Louise Tilbrook
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns Hybrid - 2021 Jekyll Advent Calendar
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment