Saturday, May 20, 2023

Campfire Cardi - One Sleeve Done

This sleeve took me a couple of starts to get it looking the way I wanted.  I did the pick up in the slipped stitches, one per stitch, which left me short on the number of stitches called for, so after the pick up I worked a round and did kfb increases to get to the correct stitch count.  Then I did the short row shaping called for in the pattern, working German short rows.  Once I got through all of that the rest of the sleeve was smooth sailing, just round after round.  I will note that the pattern calls for knitting 16 inches from the underarm, and states that should be about 136 rows.  The stated gauge of the pattern is 36 rows for 4 inches, which would mean that you should knit 144 rows, which is what I knit, and once again my gauge swatch did not lie, but obviously the designer’s did.  I did go up to a US 4 needle for the sleeves.  I started out on a US 3, but I do knit tighter on circular needles, especially on the smaller circular needles, so I had to go up a needle size to maintain my gauge.

Pattern:  Sage Cardi by Zanete Knits
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm) for the body, US 4 (3.5 mm) for the sleeves
 

No comments:

Post a Comment