Saturday, May 13, 2023

Campfire Cardi - Body & Hem Done!

Once I remembered how to work the 1/1 cables without a cable needle (by rearranging the stitches between the two needles) this went reasonably fast.  There were a few mistakes that I had to tink back or fix when I fell asleep while knitting, but nothing major.  I have picked up the stitches around one of the armholes and my concerns about picking up with the slipped stitch edges was confirmed, so were I to knit this again I would not slip any edge stitches.
I’m liking the colors and the contrast hem.  I’m also very happy to be using up stash yarn.  My stash is ginormous and I really need to focus on knitting what I have, despite all the beautiful yarns out there.  These colors are from The Loopy Ewe, first incarnation (they sold their store and it continues, but is not quite the same), and were special Camp Loopy colorways.  They are doing Camp Loopy again this year but I am not going to participate.  The rules were just too much for me.  It is movie themed, and I love the Camp logo, so I thought I might at least get a t-shirt, but they changed the supplier and the shirts are 60/40 cotton/poly, instead of 100% cotton, and I just cannot wear polyester anymore - it makes my skin itch - that bummed me out as I wear my old Camp Loopy t-shirts all the time.  But not participating is okay, because it keeps me from buying more yarn this summer to work the camp projects, and saves me the stress of trying to come up with projects that fit their requirements.

Pattern:  Sage Cardi by Zanete Knits
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment