Saturday, January 22, 2022

Arrowhead Shawl - September, October, November & December Done!

It has been a while since I posted about this shawl, but I have been working on it, using it as filler, so to speak.  Last night I finished up with the December color, but I decided not to stop there.  I had been thinking about modifying the shawl for a while as I wanted more length and I wasn’t super crazy about the two points on the one side.  So, last night, after finishing the last row instead of binding off I cast on more stitches, the same number of stitches that I already had on my needle, plus two, and then I joined to knit in the round.  I will have a diamond with purl stitch spines on the quarters, which will give me another point on this end to mirror the point of the cast on end.  I found a nice lace pattern in Melissa Leapman’s Knitting Modular book and charted it up in Stitchmastery.  I will work the diamond using up my yarn in reverse order and, assuming I still have leftover yarn when I get done with the diamond, I will pick up stitches on my knitted cast on and knit some more rows to use up what ever is left.

January - Modern fair isle
February- Tiny House
March - Manatee
April - Birkenstick 
May - Coffee Grounds
June - Cold Drip
July - Rye Bourbon 
August - Brick Dust
September - Copper Pink
October - Filtered Day Dreams
November - Antique Lace
December - Paper

Pattern:  Arrowhead Shawl by ChiWei Ranck
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light + Tweed
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment