Friday, January 14, 2022

Every Love Hat - Finished!

I finished this hat up almost a week ago.  The assembly was a bit of a topological challenge.  You have to first attach the bound off end of the long piece to the bound off stitches of the cap.  I did this with regular mattress stitch.  But you have to make sure that you have the orientation correct.  There are pictures in the pattern to help with that.  After pondering the pictures I figured it out.  But then I had to figure out the back and the attachment of the long piece to the cap.

For the back, which is the cast on edge, I gathered it with a running stitch and then just stitched it together to join from the wrong side with a whip stitch.  Then I figured out where the half way point was on the long piece and flipped things so that the right side of the long piece and the right side of the cap were facing each other.  Then I just did a running stitch though the slipped edge stitches to join, pulling things snug and then easing them out again a little before I tied everything off and wove in the ends.  I started the join at the center back and worked towards the front on both sides, stopping when it seemed the right spot to stop to allow the front to do what the front needs to do.

Pattern:  Every Love Hat by Dolly Laishram
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Dewy DK in Adventure
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment