Friday, January 14, 2022

Bruce’s Hat - Cast on and Finished!

Of course the Every Love Hat is not a manly hat, and Bruce needed one for our walks.  I had two skeins of  Mountain Meadow Wool Sundance yarn in my recent stash acquisition pile so I looked for a pattern on Ravelry that I could use with them.  The yarn came in a cool legacy yarn club that they have.  I learned about them from the Fiber Nation Podcast.  Anyway, I wasn’t keen on the pattern that came with, but found one that would work - the Mistake Rib Stitch Hat.  It is basically a broken rib pattern and a super quick and easy knit, although I am not used to working with bulky wool and large needles.  In fact I couldn’t use the needle called for in the pattern because I didn’t have that size (US 11).  But I did have US 10 (6 mm) needles.  I knit this up in a single day (Sunday, January 9).  I adjusted the final decreases to make them more gradual (working a non decrease row between the decrease rows).

Pattern:  Mistake Rib Stitch Hat by Vanessa Ewing
Yarn:  Mountain Meadow Wool Sundance in Spring Song
Needle:  US 10 (6 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment