Saturday, January 8, 2022

Every Love Hat - Cast On!

My husband and I walk almost every day in our neighborhood, and it has been a little cold lately so I decided I needed a hat to keep my ears warm.  I have been wearing a cowl on some days, and yesterday my husband wore one of the cowls that I have knit to keep his ears warm - I had on a hooded coat that went down to my knees.  Anyway, yesterday afternoon I searched my pattern library for hat patterns and spotted this one.  I then checked my stash and decided that I had the perfect yarn for it, so I cast it on while listening to a meeting.  The yarn is from Expression Fiber Arts and was just one of those random stash acquisitions (it is only one skein!).  Well, actually it has a companion skein that is speckled/variegated that I will probably use to make another hat, as this pattern is quite fun and a bit addictive.  It uses a cool Brioche stitch and knits up very quickly (at least so far).  There are increases and decreases to shape the hat.  Some assembly is required.

Pattern:  Every Love Hat by Dolly Laishram
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Dewy DK in Adventure
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment