Friday, May 22, 2020

Walk on the Moon - Finished!

I focused on my Ramp up to Camp project last week and finished it up this past Wednesday and took it off the blocking mats this morning.  The last few rows were very long because before I started the ribbed edging I essentially doubled the stitch count to over 1000 stitches.  I pulled out a circular needle with a 60-inch cable to handle all of those stitches.  Working those rows in that dark purple was a bit of a pain, and I got off a stitch for a little stretch.  Fortunately I spotted it as I was working a later row and was able to fix it as I went.  I was very happy to bind it off, in pattern.  I love the Wollmeise yarn.  It feels really wonderful, and the colors are great, especially that green.  I needed to use 400 yards and I used 1073.  I guess I’m a bit of an over achiever.

One of my points is longer than the other.  You can see that it in the top picture.  The longer edge is the right hand edge, the starting point when working on the right side.  I tried not to make the left hand edge too tight, but was only partially successful, and I tried to keep the right hand edge neat, especially when changing colors.  It was not easy.


Pattern:  Walk on the Moon by Arlene’s World of Lace
Yarn:  Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure 100% Merino Superwash
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment