Sunday, May 10, 2020

Delphinia - Cast On Take Two

This one has been sitting in a bit of a time out.  When I started this shawl I thought about modifying it  so that I worked all of the increases on the right side rows and none on the wrong side rows, but I was feeling lazy and didn’t.  I thought I was being careful about working the increases but when I got to the second Eyelet section the pattern didn’t line up the way it was supposed to.  I could see that this was just a taste of things to come so this weekend I did the pattern modifications.  It gives me two more stitches on each row than the pattern calls for.  We’ll see how that affects my yarn usage.  I start each right side row with k2, (k, yo, k) in the next stitch, and end with (k, yo, k), k2.  This gives me a nice garter stitch edge.  When I restarted the shawl I decided to keep the central spine in garter stitch as well.  I did make one goof when I was copying and pasting, the final row in the Eyelet section is supposed to be knit, but I have purled mine.  I went back and looked at the pictures of my first attempt, and apparently I did it there as well.  At least I’m consistent.

Pattern:  Delphinia by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Ester in Ice Cream Truck and Chalk Doodles
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment