Sunday, May 3, 2020

Albuquerque Spring - Finished!


I spent most of last week finishing up my Albuquerque Spring.  Once I got past the third section, the end was in sight and I wanted to get it done.  I started out the fourth repeat section with one less stitch than the pattern called for and ended that section with one more stitch than the pattern called for.  Looking at the picture of the shawl in the pattern it looks like rows one through eight were worked on the sixth repeat, although the pattern says to only work rows one through six.  I couldn’t get the slipped stitch rows to match what was given in the pattern, so I just worked them however they needed to be worked to make the pattern correct.  I didn’t even look at the pattern once I started that section, given how easy the repeat is.  I worked the extra stitch into the lace section at the beginning of the row.  The chart for the right (increase) edge threw me at first because of the way it was charted - the right hand edge of the chart was straight and the increases added stitches to the left, which is backwards.  Once the pattern was established I only had to refer to the chart at the beginning and end of the right side rows.

Overall I like the color and texture of the finished shawl.  I really like the yellow variegated yarn and almost ripped the project so I could knit a simple garter stitch boomerang shawl just to show it off.



Pattern: Albuquerque Sunset by Casapinka
Yarn:  Alcidina Momentum in Corona and Sundara Yarns Extra Fine Fingering Merino in Green
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment