Sunday, May 3, 2020

Walk on the Moon - Cast On

A couple of weeks ago I wandered over to the Loopy Groupies Forum on Ravelry to see if there was any discussion of Camp Loopy.  Much to my delight I discovered that during May they are hosting a “Ramp up to Camp” knit along.  They have three different threads with three different themes based upon past camps - Pirates, Cowboys and Space.  I had to go check out the Space thread and in the discussion discovered a lovely pattern that had been shared “Walk on the Moon” by Arlene’s World of Lace.  It takes three colors and I happened to have three skeins of Wollmeise yarn that I had ordered from The Loopy Ewe last Thanksgiving.  These are imperfect skeins and all I could do was specify a color family - I went with blues, purples and greens.  The pattern calls for lace weight Wollmeise, but this is a light fingering so I went up on the needle size called for to a US 4 (3.5 mm).
I started with the blue and will end with the purple.

Pattern:  Walk on the Moon by Arlene’s World of Lace
Yarn:  Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure 100% Merino Superwash
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment